15 Easy Tips for Healthy Nails | Best Nail Care Tips
Nails might be a small part of our body, but they reflect our complete health; that is why you need to take care of your nails properly. Here we will suggest you best nail care tips to keep your nails healthy, beautiful, and strong.
Have you ever noticed that you have visited your doctor to treat any disease, and during the checkup, your doctor asked you to show your nails? As we told above, nails reflect our health; that is why doctors checked your nails to diagnose the health problem.
Nails add charm to your hand’s beauty and help you stay healthy, that is the main reason you need to take care of your nails by following nail cleaning tips and using nail care products.
What are the signs of Healthy and Unhealthy Nails?
Before discussing nail care principles, you need to dig at signs of healthy and unhealthy nails. Many of us put this job on the bottom, just asked ourselves a simple question, “How can I Recognize that my nails are healthy or not?”
If you already have an answer, then it’s okay, but if you don’t have any answer, you must know the signs of healthy and unhealthy nails. Let’s take a look at the below-mentioned points.
Signs of Unhealthy Nails
- swelling or redness around nails
- brittle nails
- soft or week nails
- peeling nails
- ridges nails
- bleeding around nails
- discoloration (white streaks, dark streaks, change in nail color)
- curling or clubbing in Nails
- thickening or thinning in Nails
- nails separating from the skin
- pain around nails
Signs of Healthy Nails
- Pink or mauve color nails
- Nail fold is not puffy
- Cuticles are existent
- White tips and nails are even lengths
- Prominent half-moon-shaped white section at your nail base
15 Nail Care Tips and Tricks to get Strong and Healthy Nails
Whether you are a person who is continuously biting and picking at their cuticles or the person who occasionally paints their nail, in both ways, you are trying to get healthy nails. If you think you can keep your nails healthy only by getting a manicure and pedicure.
Well, it is a myth. You can keep your nails healthy and grow faster by following a few natural nail care tips at home and using the right nail growth products.
Follow these nail care tips and tricks; these will help you get strong, beautiful, and healthy nails without spending a lot on nail salons.
1. Stop Biting your Nails
Many people have a habit of biting nails, which makes your nails pathetic, weak, and brittle and cause lots of damage. At the same time, harmful germs, and dirt transfer from your nails to your mouth. So, it would help if you have a habit of biting your nails.
If you are facing trouble in leaving a nail-biting habit, then you can use a Nail Biter pen. Nail Biting Pen is an effective, safe, and easy to use tool that helps you decrease the nail-biting habit.
2. Avoid Contact with Water
Avoid contact with water doesn’t mean you need to stop washing your hands and avoid the shower. It means you need to prevent your hands from over contact with water. Overexposure to water creates stains on your nails, leading your nails to breakage, peeling, and brittleness.
To prevent your nails from overexposure to water, you need to wear gloves while doing wet works such as; washing dishes, clothes and cleaning the floor.
3. Maintain Hygiene
It would be best if you did a particular concern towards your nails and nail tools’ hygiene. To keep your nails hygiene, you need to clean your nails regularly and nail tools periodically.
To protect your nails from germs and bacteria, you need to apply tea tree oil or natural disinfectants on your nails.
4. Moisturize your Nails
When we keep our skin healthy, we moisturize our skin, but we often overlook it when we come to nail care. Dry and flaky nails are effortlessly delicate to break and equally bad as your skin.
So, to make your nails more robust, you need to moisturize them. To moisturize your nails, you can use several products such as;
- Hands cream
- Moisturizing oil
- Cuticle oil or cream
5. Trim Your Nails Regularly
Long nails require special attention and care, but if you are not the kind of person who can take care of long nails, it would be best to keep your nails short and trim them regularly. Through trimming nails regularly, you can keep your nails healthy.
So, take out some time and trim your nails on at least once a week. It would be best if you trim your nails in a round or square shape.
6. File Your Nails Correctly
If you file your nails incorrectly, then it will become weak, break prematurely, and you lose the scope of shaping them. So, always file your nails gently, slowly, and smoothly in one direction. Whenever you purchase a nail file, please choose carefully, and make sure that it is handy and does not harm your nails.
You can get a Glass nail file free of cost with any purchase order from our nail products website “Woomebeauty”. The nail files offered by “Woomebeauty” will never go blunt and it will be long-lasting for years.
7. Take a Healthy Diet
As with your body, improper diet also affects your nails; it leads your nails to a few issues such as; brittle nails and weak nails, which happens because of calcium deficiency. To resolve this problem, you need to add an adequate amount of food to your diet plan.
Add the below given ingredients to your diet plan:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Whole grains
8. Tame Your Cuticles
During the nail caring process, you can’t ignore the cuticles; After all, these also belong to your nails. Follow the below-given instruction to handle your cuticles easily and take yourself to the nail caring process on a next level.
- If you have a habit of biting or picking the cuticles, you first need to stop it.
- If you have hanging skin or nails, you need to handle it carefully, without causing pain. Make sure that it won't stick out.
- Moisturize your cuticles regularly; it helps your nails make strong and grow faster. To nourish your nails, either you can use a moisturizing cream or coconut oil.
9. Use a Good Remover
If you love to paint your nails with different colors from time to time, you must remove your current nail paint before applying another one. So, it would be best if you had a good nail paint remover to get rid of nail polish easily.
I see, many people either remove their nail paint through the wrong tools or by scratching from their hands, which is totally wrong. You should always use good quality and chemical-free remover. Before purchasing it, make sure that it belongs to a sustainable brand.
10. Apply a Base Coat
To protect your nails from getting stained and discolored, applying a base coat is an effective technique. It forms a protective layer on your skin.
This technique prevents your nails from getting stained, makes your polish look better on your nails, and gives your nails a glossy look. So, whenever you polish your nails, don’t forget to apply a base coat.
11. Use Cuticle Softener
It would be best if you treated your nails in a good manner, And in nail caring procedure, you should include regular nourishment to keep your nails healthy and stronger, especially when you have brittle nails.
Here we have mentioned an accurate way of using a cuticle softener, and it would be very helpful to keep your nails healthy.
- Firstly, you need to soak your hands in warm salty water for 10-15 minutes; after that, use a clean towel to let them dry. You should do this process 2-3 times a week.
- After this, it’s time to use a cuticle softener to brittle your nails. After removing the unwanted nail or skin, you need to nourish your nails and cuticles with a moisturizing cream.
12. Apply Nail Polish Accurately
Applying Nail Polish is not just applying a coat of color; it is an art in actuality. That’s why you can see many nail art spas nearby you that have professional nail artists to paint your nails. If you use the right way of applying nail polish, you can also give your nails an attractive look without spending so much on the nail art spa.
Follow the below-given series of steps to apply nail polish to your nails.
- First, clean your nails with vinegar and soak them in warm water.
- Now, let them dry for a few minutes.
- Apply a base coat on your nails.
- Apply two-layer of your selected color nail pain and let them dry.
There is an additional tip; to protect your nail polish chip off, you should reapply the topcoat once every few days.
13. Avoid Acrylics and Gel
No doubt, gel and acrylics are beneficial for your nails, but at the same time, they cause damage to your nails. Acrylic powder and gel contain lots of chemicals that cause dents and roughness in your nails.
So, if your nails are already dry, then avoid using acrylic powder and gel and if you are going to apply it, then make sure that it is easy to apply and less harmful for your nails.
14. Follow the Right way for your Nail Growth
If you love long nails and want to grow your nails faster, then you can easily make it simple by following the right way of nail growth.
- To grow your nails, you need to make sure that you haven't a nail-biting habit; if you have, you should immediately stop this habit. If you are facing difficulties in leaving this habit, you can use nail-biting pen markers; it will help you.
- Secondly, you need to make your nails stronger, because strong nails are easy to grow, so take a healthy diet and take special care of your nails to make them stronger.
- Nail growth serum is one of the best nail growth serum that works to grow your nails faster. It does not just help your nails in growing faster but also saves your nails from bristling.
15. Use Right Nail Care and Growth Products
- Nail File: Refuse to use old emery board nail files; it can lead your nails to peel and split. Instead of it, you can use a Glass Nail File, which is offered by “Woomebeauty” free of cost.
- Nail Polish Remover: Never go with local nail polish remover; always choose good quality nail polish remover. Always use non-acetone removers that contain oil and hydrating ingredients.
- Nail Serum Kit: To take care of your nails at home and grow them faster, nothing is better than the Nail Serum Kit provided by “Woomebeauty” at affordable prices. This nail growing kit includes a nail bottle and a nail pen, which is very useful and easy to use.
Well kept, long, strong, and beautiful, and healthy nails add a pretty sight to your hand’s beauty. So, if you are less concerned about your nails, then it’s time to wake up. Here we have mentioned all the tips and tricks for nail care; you should follow them.
Try our listed nail care tips once, and share your experience with us by commenting in the comment section.